Thinking of booking a Cabo San Lucas vacation and need a bit more information? At The Villa Group Resorts, we know you may have a few questions regarding Mexico travel, our luxury resorts in Cabo San Lucas, or about Cabo San Lucas in general. It is our hope that answering these Cabo San Lucas frequently asked questions will set your mind at ease so you can begin planning your Cabo vacation. If you should have further questions regard travel to Cabo San Lucas or your stay at The Villa Group Resorts, please do not hesitate to contact our professional reservations team at 1 800 831 1191. They are standing by to ensure your vacation experience begins on an incredible note.
1. What documents do US and Canadian citizens need to travel to Mexico?
US citizens need to have an original, signed passport that is valid for six months beyond their stay. Canadian citizens also are required to have a valid passport. Foreign citizens without a valid passport will not be allowed entry into Mexico and will be returned to their country of origin. Canadian permanent residents need to present a Resident Card, Certificate of Identity, or Refugee Travel Document.
2. What are the travel requirements for minors traveling to Mexico?
Those under 18 years of age traveling alone or with only one parent or with someone other than the child's parents, must show a notarized letter of permission signed by the parent/parents not traveling. In the case of a single parent traveling with a minor, a certified copy of the divorce decree and court order showing sole custody, certified copy of birth certificate naming one parent, a notarized copy of a death certificate or other legal documents proving custody or guardianship are necessary.
3. Is it safe to travel to Mexico?
Yes. Mexico is safe and very accommodating to tourists. Rest assured the resort town of Cabo San Lucas offers the utmost in tranquil, relaxing vacations, weddings and honeymoons.
4. What is the currency in Mexico?
The monetary unit is the Mexican peso (MXN). The symbol is the same as that used for the American dollar: $. The exchange rate is very favorable for travelers with many designer items and handicrafts at incredibly reasonable prices. Bargaining at many markets is encouraged and often expected meaning deals abound.
5. What is the weather like in Mexico?
Overall, you can expect beautiful days filled with sunshine and gentle breezes. The climate is temperate and dry with refreshing breezes in some areas and a bit more humid in others. For up to the minute info, check out MexOnline.com
6. What is the weather like in Cabo San Lucas?
In Cabo San Lucas, we are lucky to enjoy beautiful weather year round. Seaside breezes and the warm rays of the sun make Cabo the idyllic place for travel during the winter, spring, summer and fall. During the winter months, temperatures hover around a comfortable 75 degrees, with lows dropping down to the 60s. The spring and summer months warm up, reaching highs in the 90s and lows in the 80s. Late August through September and October are considered storm months, but temperatures are still wonderful during the day, hovering in the 70’s and with the rains usually coming in at night. Check out our Cabo San Lucas Live Cam to see what Cabo weather has in store for travelers today.
7. What time zone is Cabo San Lucas located in?
Cabo San Lucas, and all of Baja California Sur for that matter, are located in the Mountain Standard Time Zone (GMT -7), the same as the city of Denver, Colorado.
8. Will I be able to communicate with the locals in Cabo San Lucas if I don’t speak Spanish?
While Cabo locals love and encourage visitors to speak the language, English is a widely accepted form of communication for those who don’t speak Spanish. Waiters, retail workers, resort personnel, and many more speak English, as well as Spanish, throughout the day. During your stay in Cabo San Lucas, you should have no problem communicating your wants and needs.
9. Will my cell phone work in Cabo?
Many U.S. and Canadian cellular companies provide travelers with cell phone plans that allow them to make calls and/or send text messages while traveling abroad. Please check with your individual carrier for prices and details.
10. I booked my reservation with an online travel site, but am not sure who to contact to reconfirm my reservation.
You can call the online travel site where you made your reservation or call the Villa del Palmar Cabo San Lucas resort's direct telephone number in the Contacts & Info section.
11. I would like to get married in Mexico at a Villa Group Resort, can you tell me the legal requirements?
You'll find the legal requirements in our "Weddings & Honeymoons" section, along with wedding packages for our resorts. Congratulations & Best Wishes! And by the way, The Villa Group Resorts specialize in vow renewals as well!
12. If I make a hotel reservation through your reservation center do I have to attend a timeshare presentation?
You are never required to attend a timeshare presentation at Villa del Pamar Cabo San Lucas unless its been specifically mentioned in a package that you booked - however our "home away from home" accommodations may end up swaying you to take a look.
13. Are pets allowed in the hotels?
In order to give the best service to all our visitors we do not allow pets at Villa del Palmar Beach Resort & Spa.
14. How far is the resort from the airport?
The San Jose del Cabo airport is located approximately 45 minutes from The Villa Group Resorts in Cabo San Lucas.
15. Is there a free shuttle from the airport to your resorts?
There are no free shuttles, however we will be happy to make arrangements for your transfers to and from the airport. Please note that there is a nominal fee required for the airport transfer service to our Cabo resorts.
To schedule airport transportation, please contact the resort directly via email address: Premiumservice@villagroup.com.mx.
16. I'm a Villa Group timeshare owner and want to know how to make a reservation for my vacation week.
Timeshare reservations can be made directly with the Universal Vacation Club (UVC) by calling 1-800-852-4755 or online by visiting www.myuvc.com
17. Where can I find my resort's telephone number and address?
Click on the "Contact Page".
18. Who can I call to reconfirm my reservation for my timeshare/exchange stay at my resort?
Contact Universal Vacation Club (UVC) at 1-800-852-4755 or the resort's direct telephone number. Operators are standing by and happy to help.
19. I've booked my timeshare reservation at the resort, can I add on an all inclusive package to my stay?
Yes you can (minimum of three consecutive days). All inclusive packages may be purchased with UVC or at the resort directly upon check in. Children 4-12 pay 50%.
20. I understand there may be "special" package rates for attending a timeshare presentation, how do I find out about these packages?
Contact Universal Vacation Club (UVC) at 1-800-852-4755 for special timeshare package rates.